LVC, national Women Veterans Alliance to convene Sept. 9-10 in Lexington
Lady Veterans Connect will partner with the national Women Veterans Alliance (WVA) for a two day conference scheduled for Sept. 9-10 at the Marriott Griffin Gate in Lexington. WVA is the premier national network focused on directly impacting the quality of life of women veterans. They do this successfully through transforming the way the community networks such as LVC bring people and programs directly together through a reliable and resourceful platform. WVA envisions connecting more than two million women veterans (and their supporters) globally for the purpose of sharing gifts, talents, resources and experience. The alliance is committed to creating a community that equips, empowers and encourages women who have served our country with knowledge, resources, tools, mentorship, key insights, and career opportunities to discover & fulfill their greatest potential.
Women veterans alliance mission
- Career Opportunities, advancement – relationship with major corporations.
- Connect with potential private and state employers to gain employment.
- Assist women that are looking to start or expand a business.
- Partner with professional women & Community Colleges to discover and enter desired careers.
- Directory of Women Veteran Owned Business to promote or connect with local and global businesses.
LVC and Partners Host Veterans' Day Of Valor
Although the national Veterans Day holiday takes place each year on Nov. 11,
veterans can be honored throughout the year.
On Sept. 21, 10 am-2pm, LVC will team up with the following partners to host a
Veterans’ Day of Valor and Honor:
- UK Cooperative Extension of its College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Veterans Resources United of Central/Southeastern Kentucky (V.R.U.C.K)
- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association LOCATION: the UK Cooperative Bath County Extension Office, 2914 E. Highway 60 (Market Pavilion), Owingsville(I-64, exit 123).
Service officers and other community partners will be on site to assist with issues regarding claims, jobs, resources and other information for veterans, their families, and caregivers. Food will be provided