WHO ARE WE?
VRUCK is a coalition of representatives from veterans' service and resource providers, advocates, and other organizations that support veterans and their families..
WHY DID WE UNITE?
VRUCK identified a gap between our communities' available resources and services and the veterans for which they are intended. We strive to close that gap.
WHO CAN BE A PART OF VRUCK?
Anyone is welcome to join this coalition of organizations and individuals who work together in serving the needs of our veterans.
VRUCK SERVICE AREA:
- Lexington (Fayette County) metro area and Eastern j Southeastern
- All Roads Lead to Lexington VAMC
- 43 counties
- 19.376 Lexington VAMC
Veterans Resources United of Central/Southeastern Kentucky
MISSION: Build and sustain a coalition of regional Veterans’ service providers and stakeholders.
Focus: Improving service planning and delivery for Veterans and their families by-
- Sharing information among providers
- Identifying gaps in needed Veterans' initiatives
- Improving communication and collaboration among all stakeholders
- Promoting Veteran-friendly community relations
- Ensure Lexington, KY is a Premier Veteran-friendly city
[VRUCK defines the term “Veteran” as any person who has served or is currently serving in any branch of the Armed Services of the United States of America.]
WHO: VRUCK is a coalition of representatives from veterans’ service and resource providers, advocates and other organizations that support veterans and their families
WHERE: VRUCK serves the 43-county service area of the Lexington, KY Veterans Affairs Medical Center
WHAT: VRUCK promotes and supports opportunities to benefit veterans' quality of life, including but not limited to, these areas: homelessness, access to health care, benefits, employment, eldercare, mental health (including suicide prevention), housing, education, financial stability, plus student and women Veterans’ issues.
WHEN: VRUCK had its origin in 2016 under the inspiration and leadership of Phyllis Abbott of Lady Veterans Connect. We hold regular general meetings and specific committee meetings in which we strive to accomplish the 1-year and 5-year goals we established.
WHY: VRUCK determined that there are a great number of organizations wanting to help our veterans. However, there was no overarching coalition to help coordinate all the activities of these groups. Many groups were not even aware of other groups and how they were trying to help veterans. VRUCK wants to reduce this lack of knowledge and understanding thus leading to increased efficiency and effectiveness.
HOW: VRUCK will serve as a forum for assisting Veterans by identifying overlaps and gaps in services, leveraging real and potential resources, building collaborative relationships, advocating for Veterans, and supporting Veteran-related events, activities, and legislation.
- Lady Veterans Connect
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs
- Secretary of State's Office
- Kentucky State Command Council
- Lexington Lions Club
- Joining Community Forces
- National Guard Family Assistance
- Lexington Legends
- Home Depot
- Columbia Gas (NiSource)
- Fayette Detention Center
- Morehead State University
- University of Kentucky
- VFW Frankfort
- Volunteers of America
- Congressman Barr's Office
- Patriot Guard
- University of Kentucky Athletics Department
- University of Kentucky Department of Military Affairs
- United Way of the Bluegrass
- Kentucky Career Center
- Saint James Place
- The Adanta Group
- Military Missions
- Kentucky River Foothills
- Title Boxing Club of Lexington
- Senator Mitch McConnell's Office
- Red White and Blue
- Department of Behavioral Health
- John Schrader, Attorney
- American Legion Post 8
- UK Family & Consumer Sciences
in 2017 during the week of Valor.
Held during the week of Valor